We are committed to increasing the wealth of our clients.
Expert Financial Support for Not-For-Profit Organizations
It is no secret that state and federal reporting requirements are increasing, and more and more smaller not-for-profit organizations are being required to file, where they were exempt in the past; representing a huge increase in paperwork and record keeping. The DHL&S Not-For-Profit Group can work with you, your staff and your Board of Directors to institute appropriate internal controls, prepare reports, audits and grant compliance testing.
In short, the Not-For-Profit team at DHL&S can help you mitigate the drudgery of state and federal requirements and let you focus on what you do best. We have the experience and the knowledge to keep you in compliance with ever-changing requirements.
In this context, we have helped our clients in the following areas:
- Grant compliance reporting
- Preparation of audit materials under:
- Government Auditing Standards,
- State Single Audit Act Requirements and OMB Circular a-133
- Preparation of management letters with recommendations for improvements
- Preparation of Form 990
- Program-specific audits
- Cost Standards assistance and evaluation
Who we serve
The DHL&S Not-For-Profit Group serves clients like the following:
- Methadone clinics
- Group homes
- Family service agencies
- Meals on Wheels
- Community and Senior centers
- Transitional living organizations
- Arts centers
What we’ve done
We have many examples of successful engagements, including:
- Assisted organization with fraud examination and suggestions for improving controls
- Suggested management comments which resulted in cost savings after management implementation
- Provided insight and recommendations with regard to board governance and strategic planning
For more information, please contact us at (203) 929-3535, or by clicking below.